Auburn is a “Bird Sanctuary.” So, what to do about the homeless bird situation? Why, birdhouses of course!
Out on a Limb will be an art show featuring 3-d birdhouses of all medium. Clay, wood, metal, glass, paper…whatever your imagination can create. Let’s fill this Gallery with birdhouses!
This show will not be juried, if you enter, you will show. However, the Best of Show, Gomez Gold, People’s Choice and Honorable Mention will be judged.
Artists will have the opportunity to donate a birdhouse to the Tree Mural Project. This project will be part of a mural workshop with renowned mural artist, Nancy Hakala. Artists taking the workshop will create a Tree Mural which will incorporate the donated birdhouses. This mural will be located on the exterior of the General Gomez Building located at 808 Lincoln Way, Auburn.
Functioning and non-functioning birdhouses will be accepted.
This show will open with a reception on Friday, April 28, 2017 from 5 – 7 pm.
Watch our calendar for bird drawing and painting classes, bird lectures, mural workshops, and more.The show will run from Friday, April 28 through Sunday, May 21, 2017.
Artists are invited to submit their work for inclusion in this judged show. 3-d birdhouse art of all media will be accepted. Please no kits.
Open for submissions: March 1, 2017
The deadline for applications: Wednesday, April 12, 2017.
All pieces will be judged for Best of Show, Gomez Gold, People’s Choice, and Honorable Mention awards.
OPEN TO ALL ARTISTS
- Best of Show $300
- Other awards include: Gomez Gold ($50), People’s Choice, ($50), and Honorable Mention ($50).
- ENTRY FEE: Entry fee: $25 per birdhouse, two birdhouses $35, three birdhouses $45 ($10 discount for each birdhouse donated for the Tree Mural project )
- Last day to submit: Midnight, Wednesday, April 12, 2017 online submission only.
- Show Dates:Friday, April 28 through Sunday, May 21, 2017
- Location: General Gomez I.F.E.Gallery, 808 Lincoln Way in Auburn, California.
- RECEPTION: Opening Reception on Friday, April 28, 2017. 5:00 – 7:00 pm
- Best of Show will be announced at the Opening Reception.
Entry & Exhibit Rules Eligibility
- Open to all artists. Work must be original. No art from kits.
- Drop off date: Birdhouses must be hand-delivered to the General Gomez ARTS and Event Center, 808 Lincoln Way, Auburn, CA between 10:00 am and 6 pm on Wednesday, April 26, 2017. Call regarding shipped artwork. Artist is responsible to initiate and pay for all shipping charges and crating fees.
- The show will be curated at the sole discretion of the Art Hanging Committee.
- All artwork not donated must be priced for sale.
- All artwork not donated must be for sale.
- Functioning and Non-functioning birdhouses will be accepted.
- By entering, artist gives permission for images submitted to be used by General Gomez for publicity purposes.
- Exhibition Specifications
- Birdhouses over 50 lbs. are to set up by the artist. Installations must meet fire and safety code and free standing work stable and safe for viewing.
- General Gomez AEC will retain a commission of 40% of work sold. Artists will receive 60% of the sales price. General Gomez is the art representative of the artist work in the show, including referrals from the show. Artists should adjust prices accordingly.
- Artwork sold during the show may be taken by the buyer (other than award winners), and the artist will be contacted and invited to hang a replacement piece.
- Removing Work
- Artwork must remain for the duration of the show and will only be released at the end of the show.
- Unsold artwork must be picked up on Sunday, May 28, 2017 between 10 am and 5 pm at 808 Lincoln Way in Auburn, CA. All birdhouses not picked up by June 8, 2017 will be forfeited by the artist and used in the Tree Mural Project.