General Gomez is pleased to announce Aqua Vistas 2016. This is our second annual Aqua Vistas, an art show which celebrates the life of water. The show intends to exhibit the spirit and essence of water and the activities surrounding water through art.
The show will run from Friday, April 15 through Saturday, May 7, 2016. An opening reception will be held on
Artists are invited to submit their work for inclusion in this juried show. All media — both 2D and 3D — are acceptable for submission. The deadline for applications, including images, is Wednesday, April 6, 2016
Submissions will be juried for acceptance into the show.
OPEN TO ALL ARTISTS – APPLY HERE
- Best of Show $300
- Other awards include: Gomez Golds for 2-D and 3-D, People’s Choice and Honorable Mention.
- ENTRY FEE: $25 for one art piece, $40 for two, and $50 for three.
- Open for submissions: Sunday, March 6, 2016
- Last day to submit: Midnight, Wednesday, April 6, 2016 online submission only.
- Notification of pieces accepted or declined will be announced by Friday, April 8, 2016
- Show Dates: Friday, April 15 through Saturday,May 9, 2016
- Location: General Gomez L.I.F.E. Gallery, 808 Lincoln Way in Auburn, California.
- RECEPTION: Opening Reception on Friday, April 15, 2016, 5:00 – 7:00 pm
- Best of Show will be announced at the Opening Reception.
- The show will be publicized through local media, online and direct e-mail.
Entry & Exhibit Rules Eligibility
- Open to all artists. Work must be original, no copies of published work, no class or workshop artwork. No Giclees, and no art from kits.
- Artwork submitted will be by digital image or (by mail or in person) photograph of the piece.
- Drop off date: Accepted work must be hand-delivered to the General Gomez ARTS and Event Center, 808 Lincoln Way, Auburn, CA between 10:00 am and 6 pm on Monday, April 11, 2016 or by appointment, no later than Tuesday, April 12, 2016. Call regarding shipped artwork. Artist is responsible to initiate and pay for all shipping charges and crating fees.
- Entries will be juried for acceptance.
- The show will be curated at the sole discretion of the Art Hanging Committee.
- Artists are requested to submit a 250 word (maximum length) personal bio including interests or facts about the piece of art with the application for use in publicity.
- All artwork must be priced for sale.
- By entering, artist gives permission for images submitted to be used by General Gomez for publicity purposes.
- All flat artwork must be clean, properly framed and wired (“saw tooth” hangers are not acceptable) ready to hang. Entry fee refunds will not be given for artwork which cannot be hung.
- A collection of jewelry may be submitted as one artwork, provided it can be displayed within a 15″ glass cube.
- Sculptures over 50 lbs. are to set up by the artist. Installations must meet fire and safety code and free standing work stable and safe for viewing.
- General Gomez AEC will retain a commission of 40% of work sold. Artists will receive 60% of the sales price. General Gomez is the art representative of the artist work in the show, including referrals from the show. Artists should adjust prices accordingly.
- Artwork sold during the show may be taken by the buyer (other than award winners), and the artist will be contacted and invited to hang a replacement piece.
- Accepted work must remain for the duration of the show and will only be released at the end of the show.
- Unsold artwork must be picked up on Monday, May 9, 2016 between 10 am and 5 pm at 808 Lincoln Way in Auburn, CA.