Winter Aire – Art Inspired by the Beauty and Spirit of Winter
This holiday season General Gomez Arts and Events will present, along with our offering of fine arts, a high end crafts boutique hosting treasures created by local artisans.
OPEN TO ALL ARTISTS
General Gomez Arts and Events invites all artists and artisans to submit an application to show your original works for sale. All media – both 2D and 3D – are accepted, as well as all media of Fine Crafts. This is our special holiday gift shopping marketplace. Our goal is to provide gift shopping options for all ages with top quality and originality in mind.
- Location: General Gomez L.I.F.E. Gallery, 808 Lincoln Way in Auburn, California
- Show Dates: Saturday November 28 until December 30, 2015
- Application due date Mid-night November 15, 2015 online or in person
- Notification of pieces accepted or declined will be by November 18,201
- The show will be publicized through local media, online and direct e-mail.
- Entry fee: Free
- Commission on all sales: 40%
- General Gomez will collect and pay all sales tax
- RECEPTION: Opening Reception on Saturday November 28, 2015 From 12 noon until 5 pm
Entry & Exhibit Rules Eligibility
Open to all artists. Work must be original. Giclees will be accepted. Cards or postcards made of your original work will be accepted for this show.
- Fine Crafts: No mass-market, re-sold work, imports, or crafts from kits. All fine crafts must be original.
- Artwork submitted will be by digital image or (by mail or in person) photograph of the piece.
- Accepted work must be hand-delivered to the General Gomez ARTS and Event Center, 808 Lincoln Way, Auburn, CA between 3 pm and 6 pm on Sunday, November 22nd or Monday, November 23 between 10 am and 5 pm. Call regarding shipped artwork. Artist is responsible to initiate and pay for all shipping charges and crating fees.
- Entries will be juried for acceptance.
- The show will be curated at the sole discretion of the Art Hanging Committee.
- Artists are requested to submit a 250 word (maximum length) personal bio including interests or facts about the piece of art with the application for use in publicity.
- All artwork must be priced for sale.
- By entering, artist gives permission for images submitted to be used by General Gomez for publicity purposes, including social media.
- Fine Crafts artists must complete inventory list upon acceptance. Inventory form will be provided.
- All flat artwork must be clean, properly framed and wired (“saw tooth” hangers are not acceptable) ready to hang.
- Sculptures over 50 lbs. are to be set up by the artist. Installations must meet fire and safety code and free standing work stable and safe for viewing.
- General Gomez AEC will retain a commission of 40% of work sold. Artists will receive 60% of the sales price. General Gomez is the art representative of the artist work in the show, including referrals from the show. Artists should adjust prices accordingly.
- Artwork sold during the show may be taken by the buyer, and the artist will be contacted and invited to hang a replacement piece.
- Accepted work must remain for the duration of the show and will only be released at the end of the show.
- Unsold artwork must be picked up on January 2, 2016 between 10 am and 5 pm at 808 Lincoln Way in Auburn, CA