EQUUS–Equestrian Art Show
a show of equestrian art in all forms — animal, rider, and atmosphere
This show will emphasize the strength, beauty and exhilaration of the equine and equestrian related activities.
OPEN TO ALL ARTISTS
- Best of Show $300
- Other awards include: Gomez Golds for 2-D and 3-D, People’s Choice and honorable mentions
- ENTRY FEE: $45 for 1, 2 or 3 art works.
- Due date Mid-night Wednesday August 12, 2015 online or in person
- Notification of pieces accepted or declined will be announced by Friday, August 14, 2015.
- Show Dates: Friday, August 21 through Monday, September 28, 2015.
- Location: General Gomez L.I.F.E. Gallery, 808 Lincoln Way in Auburn, California
- RECEPTION: Opening Reception on Friday, August 21st, from 5:30 – 9 pm
- The show will be publicized through local media, online and direct e-mail.
Entry & Exhibit Rules Eligibility
- Open to all artists. Work must be original, no copies of published work, no class or workshop artwork. No Giclees.
- Artwork submitted will be by digital image or (by mail or in person) photograph of the piece.
- Accepted work must be hand-delivered to the General Gomez ARTS and Event Center, 808 Lincoln Way, Auburn, CA between 3 pm and 6 pm on Sunday, August 16th or Monday, August 17th between 10 am and 5 pm. Call regarding shipped artwork. Artist is responsible to initiate and pay for all shipping charges and crating fees.
- Entries will be juried for acceptance.
- The show will be curated at the sole discretion of the Art Hanging Committee.
- Artists are requested to submit a 250 word (maximum length) personal bio including interests or facts about the piece of art with the application for use in publicity.
- All artwork must be priced for sale.
- By entering, artist gives permission for images submitted to be used by General Gomez for publicity purposes.
- All flat artwork must be clean, properly framed and wired (“saw tooth” hangers are not acceptable) ready to hang. Entry fee refunds will not be given for artwork which cannot be hung.
- A collection of jewelry may be submitted as one artwork, provided it can be displayed within a 15″ glass cube.
- Sculptures over 50 lbs. are to set up by the artist. Installations must meet fire and safety code and free standing work stable and safe for viewing.
- General Gomez AEC will retain a commission of 25% of work sold. Artists will receive 75% of the sales price. General Gomez is the art representative of the artist work in the show, including referrals from the show. Artists should adjust prices accordingly.
- Artwork sold during the show may be taken by the buyer (other than award winners), and the artist will be contacted and invited to hang a replacement piece.
- Accepted work must remain for the duration of the show and will only be released at the end of the show.
- Unsold artwork must be picked up on Tuesday, September 29 between 10 am and 5 pm at 808 Lincoln Way in Auburn, CA.